Pumpkin Spice Quinoa Brittle
Make your own candy this Halloween with this delicious and fragrant Pumpkin Spice Quinoa Brittle. Your kitchen will officially smell like fall while baking these!
- ¾ C Ancient Harvest ™ Traditional Quinoa (dry, uncooked)
- ½ C Ancient Harvest ™ Quinoa Flakes (dry, uncooked)
- 1 TBSP Amaranth (dry, uncooked)
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 TBSP Brown Coconut Sugar (can sub regular brown sugar)
- 1 ½ TBSP White Coconut Sugar ( can sub regular white granulated sugar)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste (can sub Mexican or Madagascar Vanilla)
- 3 TBSP melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Flavor Extract
- 1/3 C Organic Grade A Maple Syrup
- ¼ C Pecan Pieces (optional)
- ¼ C Pepitas or pumpkin seeds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a cookie sheet (13” x 9”) with parchment paper.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl. Mix well.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Mix well. Mixture should appear slightly wet and clump together at the bottom of the bowl.
- Spread the mixture on cookie sheet, flattening with a spatula until mixture is about ¼ inch thick.
- Optional: top with pecan pieces and pepitas.
- Bake the quinoa brittle on the bottom rack of the oven for about 10-12 minutes or until fragrant. Then, transfer the cookie sheet to the top oven rack for another 6-10 minutes until crispy and golden brown. Edges of quinoa brittle should be crispy and possibly a little burned. The mixture will also spread out while cooking. This is normal.
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes or until brittle has firmed up and dried. Break apart or cut into squares. Serve or save in a Tupperware or tin. This lasts about 5 days at room temperature.