This classic dish gets a gluten-free update with Ancient Harvest Supergrain Spaghetti. Get the recipe by @vegantraveleats.
- 1 8oz box Ancient Harvest Supergrain Spaghetti
- ½ cup raw cashews soaked for at least 2 hours, preferably soaked overnight
- 1 cup veggie broth
- 1 tbs nutritional yeast
- 6 hot italian sausages, casings removed and crumbled
- ½ cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- ½ cup celery, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 1 ½ cup canned crushed tomatoes
- Cooking oil of your choice
- Vegan parmesan, crushed red pepper, extra fresh parsley for serving
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, add 2 tbs oil, and sauté onion, celery, and carrot with a large pinch of salt for 5 minutes. Add garlic, sauté for 30 more seconds, then add tomato paste, stir to combine.
- Add the crumbled sausages, cook for 8 minutes, break up the sausage with a wooden spoon until its crumbly. Then stir occasionally.
- While the sausage is cooking make your cashew cream. Add broth, soaked cashews, and nutritional yeast to a high-speed blender, blend until completely smooth, I have a Vitamix, it took about a minute.
- Lower the heat to low, add cashew cream, crushed tomatoes, and fresh parsley, stir to combine and let it come to a simmer. Simmer uncovered for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Start your water to boil for your pasta, and cook according to package. It should be done around the same time as your Bolognese, drain the pasta and toss it in the sauce. Serve with freshly grated vegan parmesan, crushed red pepper, extra fresh parsley, or your favorite pasta topping!