Vegan Quinoa Paella
A traditional recipe gets a vegan twist in this vegan quinoa paella by @veggieworldrecipes.
- 1 1/2 cups Ancient Harvest Traditional Quinoa
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 red pepper
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 can artichoke hearts
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 small onion
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp saffron
- optional: 1/2 tbsp turmeric
- salt to taste
- lemon, parsley, and olives to top
- Heat your shallow paella pan or skillet on medium heat and add the olive oil, onion, and garlic.
- Add the chopped carrot and chopped pepper, along with one cup of vegetable broth.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and artichoke hearts (cut those in half).
- Add the peas, tomatoes, tomato paste, and stir.
- In a small bowl, mix the saffron with 1-2 tablespoons of vegetable broth.
- Add the quinoa to the pan, along with the saffron, paprika, turmeric, and salt.
- Give the paella one last stir to make sure the ingredients are evenly distributed. After this, DO NOT stir again!
- Cover the paella and cook it on high heat for 7 minutes. Then lower the heat to low/medium and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Finally, remove your paella from the heat. Top with fresh parsley, olives, and lemon wedges.