If you’re looking for a dinner recipe the whole family will love, then you’re in the right place. Start with a creamy, warm polenta baked with layers of sweet potatoes and veggies, and sprinkled with cheese. And when you use one of the delicious, ready-to-eat Ancient Harvest™ Polenta flavors, you can easily create a family favorite in no time at all.
Speaking of family favorites… it’ll be easy to gather everyone around your dinner table when your house is filled with the smell of this baked polenta dish.
Make clean-up a breeze by baking and serving your homemade baked pasta in the same dish. Enter to win your very own Le Creuset® set in the Food That Loves You Back Sweepstakes from Ancient Harvest.
Sweet Potato Polenta Bake Ingredients
For the sauce:
1 -15 oz can tomato sauce
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 teaspoon dried oregano
3 cloves garlic, minced
Pinch of salt
1/2 teaspoon paprika
For the layers:
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 onion, chopped
2 cups green bell pepper, diced
1 tomato, diced
1 tube Ancient Harvest™ Polenta
1 can black beans
1 large sweet potato, 1/4-inch sliced
1 cup shredded cheese, Colby Jack or Mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 350° F degrees.
- Coat a baking dish with oil and set aside.
- Add all sauce ingredients to a saucepan set over medium heat. Bring to a low boil, and then reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- In a separate skillet, sauté garlic, onion and bell pepper until onions are translucent and peppers are tender. Remove from heat, stir in tomatoes and set aside.
- Press half your tube of Ancient Harvest™ Polenta into the bottom of your pan.
- In a small bowl, mash black beans with a fork and spoon half of the mixture evenly over the polenta.
- Next, layer the sliced sweet potato, and all of the onions and peppers.
- Pour half of the sauce over top, and sprinkle with 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Spoon and layer the remaining mashed black beans, sweet potatoes, sauce and 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Cover and bake for 1 hour. Sweet potatoes should be tender.